1) Place the pad in the area where you would like your puppy to do its business, plastic side down
2) Throughout the day place your puppy on the pad to familiarise them with the attractant
3) As soon as your puppy goes on the pad immediately reward them with praise and a treat
4) Quickly replace the pad with a new one
5) If your puppy has a mishap somewhere other than the pad, place them on the pad to reinforce where they should be going
6) Once your puppy is trained inside you can begin toilet training them for outside. Begin moving the pad towards the door and eventually to the outside area where you would like your puppy to go.